Duty station: The Hague, The Netherlands
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an international non-profit organization dedicated to the fight against tuberculosis (TB), still the second most deadly infectious disease in the world. KNCV is an international center of expertise for TB control that promotes effective, efficient, innovative and sustainable tuberculosis control strategies in a national and international context. We are an organization of passionate TB professionals, including doctors, researchers, training experts, nurses and epidemiologists. We aim to stop the spread of the worldwide epidemic of TB and to prevent the further spread of drug-resistant TB.
Over the past century we have built up a wealth of knowledge and expertise, initially by successfully controlling TB in the Netherlands. Since the 1970s, we have also shared our knowledge and expertise with the rest of the world. We operate from a central office in The Hague in the Netherlands, a regional office in Central Asia and country offices worldwide. KNCV raises funds from private, institutional, corporate, and government donors.
KNCV is the lead partner in Challenge TB, the USAID-funded 5-year global project to decrease TB mortality and morbidity in high burdened countries. We lead an international consortium with eight partner organizations. The overarching strategic objectives of Challenge TB are to improve access to quality patient centered care for TB, TB/HIV, and drug-resistant TB services; to prevent transmission and disease progression; and to strengthen TB platforms.
Purpose of the position
The Senior Portfolio Manager contributes to the effective management of projects in large and complex countries, with a large population, a high total amount of funding, with multiple partners and donors, with a high burden of tuberculosis, complicated with TB/HIV co-infection, MDR and XRD-TB.
The Senior Portfolio Manager supervises the Country Director and reports to the Director Operations. The Senior Portfolio Manager coordinates a Country Team.
As senior Portfolio manager you:
- Manage acquisition and initiation, design, planning and budgeting, executing and supervision, monitoring, scanning the environment for business;
- Oversee the project design, work plan and budget preparations and revisions, regular and ad hoc reporting requests;
- Identify and respond to the gaps and needs in the country in consultation with the Technical Advisor;
- Monitor the status of all aspects of the projects in country (financial, technical and project management);
- Visit the project sites and countries in his portfolio at least once a year;
- Represent KNCV externally on project management issues with partners both at HQ level and in country;
- Engage with all in-country implementing partners, as well as their headquarters, local beneficiaries, donors and stakeholders;
- Build operational and strategic relationships with country stakeholders and other partners to ensure the appropriate implementation of the projects, taking into consideration national strategies and context;
- Coordinate the project administration with internal partners from finance, M&E and technical units.
- You are expected to travel frequently (25-30%) of the time.
Who are we looking for?
- PhD or Masters’ degree in a relevant field.
- Demonstrated skills as a senior portfolio manager of similar type of projects;
- In depth knowledge of project management and M&E;
- Knowledge of ongoing and emerging issues in relation to TB epidemiology, global and international policy, evidence development, and control strategies;
- Experience in the field of public health in developing and transitioning countries;
- Experience in managing a team;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Dutch.
Behavioral competencies and skills:
- Organizational ability;
- Understanding of cultural differences.
What does KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation offer?
- A fixed-term contract for a year, with the intention to extend the contract;
- An informal work atmosphere in an international environment where initiative is appreciated;
- A highly-motivated team of experienced, self-driven colleagues;
- The salary is dependent upon education and relevant working experience;
- KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation has its own Employment Conditions Scheme;
- Full-time employment consists of 38 hours per week.
Application and information
You can apply for this position via the application form before the 2nd of December 2015. If you have any questions, feel free to contact our HRM Team: +31(0)70-416 72 22 or email@example.com. You can also contact us via mail: KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation, PO Box 146, 2501 CC The Hague, The Netherlands, attention to Ms. Larissa Lutmers. Please note that due to our regulations internal candidates prevail over external candidates.
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled person.