KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an international non-profit organization dedicated to the fight against tuberculosis (TB), the most deadly infectious disease in the world. KNCV is an international center of expertise for TB control that promotes effective, efficient, innovative and sustainable tuberculosis control strategies in a national and international context. We are an organization of passionate TB professionals, including doctors, researchers, training experts, nurses and epidemiologists. We aim to stop the worldwide epidemic of TB and to prevent the further spread of drug-resistant TB.
Over the past century we have built a wealth of knowledge and expertise, initially by successfully controlling TB in the Netherlands. Since the 1970s, we have also shared our knowledge and expertise with the rest of the world. We operate from a central office in The Hague, the Netherlands, a regional office in Central Asia and country offices worldwide. KNCV raises funds from private, institutional, corporate and government donors.
Purpose of the position
The Portfolio Manager is responsible for the effective management of projects and ensures quality and timely implementation of all approved activities and maintains regular communication with relevant partners. This will also entail working closely with other key team members. This position will spend 50% time on the DGIS project (7.5 mln project for 5 year period working in minimum 5 different countries) and 50% on various other projects.
The Dutch Government, through DGIS, granted KNCV funding for five years to work in direct collaboration with the USAID funded Challenge TB project with a focus on Global Fund support. The DGIS work plan is three fold; 1) Strengthening engagement of the non-public sector to provide quality patient centered TB/HIV services, 2) Improving the implementation of Global Fund TB grants through quality Technical assistance, and 3) Engagement in the policy making processes at GF board level.
The Portfolio Manager will report to the Director Operations and collaborates closely with Technical Focal Points, Project Officers and Finance Officers linked to this project. The Portfolio Manager will collaborate closely with the Challenge TB Global Fund Officer for all Global Fund related activities and support optimal linkages between GF operational and policy engagement.
As Senior Portfolio Manager you will:
- Ensure a cohesive project team approach in the overall management of the project, planning and monitoring with the Global Fund representative, technical focal point, M&E officer, finance and project officers through regular meetings and communications;
- Maintain regular communication with DGIS on progress and ensures timely reporting – quarterly progress presentations and annual report and ad hoc reporting requests;
- Manage the process of project design, work plan and budget preparations and revisions;
- Contribute to work plan development in close collaboration with the Technical focal Point;
- Facilitate the process of identification and response to the gaps and needs in the different countries in consultation with the Technical Focal Point;
- Visit the project sites and countries in the portfolio as needed;
- Represent KNCV externally on project management issues with partners both at HQ level and in country;
- Engage with all in-country implementing partners, as well as their headquarters, local beneficiaries, donors and stakeholders, as needed, to ensure good project management;
- Build relationships with relevant country stakeholders and other partners to ensure the appropriate implementation of the projects, taking into consideration national strategies and context;
- Coordinate the project administration with internal partners from finance, M&E and technical units;
- Contribute to positioning of KNCV and relevant KNCV relationship management (Including DGIS).
Please note that you are expected to travel 15-20% of the time.
Who are we looking for?
- PhD or Masters’ degree in a relevant field;
- Demonstrated skills in project management of similar type of projects;
- In depth knowledge of project management and Monitoring & Evaluation;
- Experience with Global Fund is an added value;
- Experience with the field of public health in developing and transitioning countries;
- Experience with managing a team (partly distance management);
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Dutch.
Behavioral competencies and skills:
- Organizational ability;
- Understanding of cultural differences.
What does KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation offer?
A full-time (38 hours per week) fixed-term contract for a year, with the intention to extend the contract. Depending on funding and performance;
An informal work atmosphere in an international environment where initiative is appreciated;
Ahighly-motivated team of experienced, self-driven colleagues;
The salary is dependent upon education and relevant working experience;
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation has its own Employment Conditions Scheme.
Application and information
You can apply for this position via the form below before 22 February 2016. If you have any questions, feel free to contact our HRM Team in The Netherlands: +31(0)70-4167228 or email@example.com.
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled person.