KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is looking for a
Senior TB Technical Officer (fte 1.0)
Duty station: The Hague, The Netherlands
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an international non-profit organization dedicated to the fight against tuberculosis (TB), the deadliest infectious disease in the world. KNCV is an international center of excellence for TB control that promotes effective, efficient, innovative and sustainable tuberculosis control strategies in a national and international context. Our multidisciplinary team of passionate professionals covers a broad range of expertise such as programmatic TB control, research, clinical management, social science, education, digital health, and project management.
Over the past century KNCV has made a significant contribution to the successful fight against TB in the Netherlands. Since the 1970s, we have shared our knowledge and expertise with the rest of the world. We operate from a central office in The Hague, the Netherlands, a regional office in Central Asia and country offices in Africa and (central) Asia. KNCV raises funds from private, institutional, corporate and government donors.
KNCV is the lead partner in Challenge TB (CTB), a USAID-funded 5-year global program to decrease TB mortality and morbidity in high burdened countries. We lead an international consortium with eight partner organizations: American Thoracic Society (ATS), Family Health International (FHI 360), Interactive Research & Development (IRD), Japanese Anti Tuberculosis Foundation (JATA), Management Sciences for Health (MSH), Program for Appropriate Technology in Health (PATH), The International Union Against Tuberculosis and Lung Disease (The Union), and the World Health Organization.
The overarching strategic objectives of Challenge TB are to improve access to quality patient centered care for TB, TB/HIV, and MDR-TB services; to prevent transmission and disease progression; and to strengthen TB platforms.
The CTB Project Management Unit (PMU)
As the prime recipient, KNCV established the CTB PMU to manage all operations related to CTB. The PMU facilitates and monitors the quality, implementation and administration of all core, regional and country projects. PMU does not implement projects but ensures that country-specific objectives are met, delays in implementation are prevented, absorption capacity is improved and effective and efficient approaches are developed and shared amongst all CTB partners. PMU communicates directly with USAID/W on behalf of the CTB Coalition Partners.
Purpose of the position
Together with the Senior TB Technical Coordinator the Senior TB Technical Officer ensures the quality and technical integrity of the project life cycle and oversees a number of selected technical areas.
The Senior TB Technical Officer works at PMU and reports to the Senior TB Technical Coordinator.
As Senior TB Technical Officer you will
- Improve the quality of Challenge TB products (reports, technical reports, guidelines etc.) through review and effective feedback;
- Support the strategic development, coordinate, support and facilitate scale-up of evidence-based quality assured TB interventions in Challenge TB project countries;
- Support the development of overall strategic innovative approaches and strategies;
- Review and analyze annual country work plans and budgets;
- Serve as the focal person for specific technical areas, such as laboratory strengthening, diagnostic capacities and/or other assigned areas;
- Support Challenge TB partners in the development and implementation of country project activities;
- Support the collection, development and dissemination of best practices and lessons learned from area specific services activities;
- Liaise with USAID counterparts where relevant;
- Facilitate coalition partners to ensure they have up-to-date knowledge and skills, and are able to promote and implement new (WHO) endorsed technologies within each country specific context
Who are we looking for?
The ideal candidate is a senior public health expert: Master in Public Health (MPH), or Master of Science in relevant field, with minimal 10 years of experience in managing TB and or HIV programs in Eastern Europe, Asia and/or Africa. Experience in development and management of quality assurance aspects in public health programs, preferably TB. S/he has solid experience and expertise working with partners, including governments, NGOs and research institutions.
We are looking for a pro-active person who is, flexible, tactful, an enthusiastic innovator and a strong authoritative leader in his/her field; who has excellent communication skills, fluency in English (both verbal and in writing); and will operate from KNCV Central Office in The Hague, The Netherlands.
The ideal candidate, is a generalist, with ideally good understanding and experience in one or more of the following specialist areas such as diagnostic systems (Laboratory and X-ray), PPM, TB/HIV, MDR-TB.
What does KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation offer?
- A full-time (38 hours per week) fixed-term contract for a year, with the intention to extend the contract depending on funding and performance;
- An informal work atmosphere in an international environment where initiative is
- A highly-motivated team of experienced, self-driven colleagues;
- The salary is dependent upon education and relevant working experience;
- KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation has its own Employment Conditions Scheme.
Application and information
You can apply for this position via the form below before 31 December 2016. If you have any questions, feel free to contact our HRM Team in The Netherlands: +31(0)70-4270951 or email@example.com.
KNCV TB Foundation is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled person.