KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is looking for a
Strategic Behavior Change Communication (SBCC) Advisor
Duty station: Manila, Philippines
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an international non-profit organization dedicated to the fight against tuberculosis (TB), still the deadliest infectious disease in the world.
KNCV is an international center of expertise for TB control that promotes effective, efficient, innovative and sustainable tuberculosis control strategies in a national and international context. We are an organization of passionate TB professionals, including doctors, researchers, training experts, nurses and epidemiologists and laboratory scientists. We aim to stop the spread of the worldwide epidemic of TB and to prevent the further spread of drug-resistant TB.
Over the past century we have built up a wealth of knowledge and expertise, initially by successfully controlling TB in the Netherlands. Since the 1970s, we have also shared our knowledge and expertise with the rest of the world. We operate from a central office in The Hague in the Netherlands, a regional office in Central Asia and country offices worldwide. KNCV raises funds from private, institutional, corporate, and government donors.
Responsibilities of the job
KNCV is seeking to recruit a Strategic Behavior Change Communication (SBCC) Advisor. The Advisor will be responsible for taking the lead in the design, development and dissemination of SBCC activities, and capacity building for behavior change, including the engagement of stakeholders in all aspects of TB programing and monitoring.
The Social Behavior Change Communication Advisor is expected to work closely with stakeholders to develop and implement appropriate interventions to maximize TB and MDR-TB detection, prevention, treatment and care. Along with other key project staff, the Advisor will represent the project in relevant technical meetings.
This position is subject to project award and funding.
Qualifications and Experience
- A Master’s degree or higher, in public health, social psychology, health communication, behavioral economics, or other relevant behavioral/social science field.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of experience in SBCC, and at least five to seven (5-7) years working experience in TB or infectious diseases.
- Demonstrated experience in behavior change and proven success in all levels of implementation.
- Demonstrated ability to obtain, analyze, organize and interpret relevant information, education and communication data and use this data to design, develop and deploy communication interventions for TB.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing effective communication programs, efficiently managing sub-recipients and conducting related evaluations and assessments.
- Experience and demonstrated success in addressing gender and equity issues.
Application and information
You can apply for this position by submitting your CV, including a motivation letter and 3 professional references, via the form below before 7 August 2017. If you have any questions, feel free to contact our HRM Team in The Netherlands: +31(0)70-41672222 or mail to email@example.com.
This position is only open to applicants who are in possession of a Philippine residence and work permit.
Please note that we only consider the applications that are received through the KNCV website.
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled person.