KNCV Kyrgyzstan is looking for a
TB Clinical Specialist for Challenge TB Project
Full time position
Duty station Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an international non-profit organization dedicated to the fight against tuberculosis (TB), the deadliest infectious disease in the world. KNCV is an international center of excellence for TB control that promotes effective, efficient, innovative and sustainable tuberculosis control strategies in a national and international context. Our multidisciplinary team of passionate professionals covers a broad range of expertise such as programmatic TB control, research, clinical management, social science, education, digital health, and project management.
Over the past century KNCV has made a significant contribution to the successful fight against TB in the Netherlands. Since the 1970s, we have shared our knowledge and expertise with the rest of the world. We operate from a central office in The Hague, the Netherlands, a regional office in Central Asia and country offices in Africa and (central) Asia. KNCV raises funds from private, institutional, corporate and government donors.
KNCV is the lead partner in Challenge TB (CTB), the USAID-funded 5-year global program to decrease TB mortality and morbidity in high burdened countries. We lead an international consortium with eight partner organizations: American Thoracic Society (ATS), FHI 360, Interactive Research & Development (IRD), Japan Anti-Tuberculosis Foundation (JATA), and Management Sciences for Health (MSH), PATH, The International Union Against Tuberculosis and Lung Disease (The Union), and the World Health Organization (WHO).
The overarching strategic objectives of CTB are to improve access to quality patient centered care for TB, TB/HIV, and drug-resistant TB services; to prevent transmission and disease progression; and to strengthen TB platforms.
Challenge TB project in Kyrgyz Republic assists with the implementation of shorter regimen and regimens containing new drugs for the treatment of multidrug and extensively drug-resistant forms of TB. Challenge TB project aims to reduce the MDR-TB burden in Kyrgyz Republic by improving health systems and clinicians’ skills in MDR-TB diagnosis and case management. Challenge TB has assisted the Kyrgyz Republic National TB Program in the development of a national plan for the introduction of new TB drugs such as Bedaquiline (Bdq) and Delamanid and shorter (9-12 month) treatment regimen for MDR-TB.
The purpose of the position
The main purpose of the Clinical Specialist is to coordinate implementation of KNCV activities related to Challenge TB project in Kyrgyz Republic and provide assistance to the Senior Clinical Specialist. Functionally and hierarchically reports to the Senior Clinical Specialist.
Your responsibilities are:
- Coordinate implementation of projects/activities in the country defined by SCS
- Ensure fulfilling donors’ rules, branding and marking policy
- Coordinate and plan the input of KNCV consultants based on the activity plans
- Provide technical support to the NTP, National Reference Laboratory (NRL) and DDP staff for implementation and proper use of the new drugs and shorter multidrug resistant TB (MDR-TB) treatment regimen
- Provide clinical monitoring and adverse events management of the MDR-TB patients on treatment with the new TB drugs and shorter MDR-TB treatment regimen
- Facilitate logistics related to the project activities
- Supervise progress in project implementation and regularly updates SCS
- Monitor activities implementation and budget absorption, prepares and submits monthly progress reports to SCS.
- Provide assistance to the SCS on the matters that are directly or indirectly related to the projects if needed and upon his/her request
Your education & experience are
- Masters’ degree and/or diploma (medicine)
- Experience in clinical management of the patients (TB programs is an asset)
- Knowledge of ongoing and emerging issues in relation to TB epidemiology, global and international policy and control strategies
- Experience in implementation of international projects
- Good communication and negotiation skills
- Good analytical skills
- Ability to lead, coordinate and organize projects/activities implementation
- Ability to work under time pressure and stressful circumstance
- Ability to learn software applications
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English and Kyrgyz (desired) languages.
- Ability to work in multicultural team
- Open mindness and creativity
What does KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation offer?
- A full-time fixed-term contract for 12 months, with the intention to extend the contract, dependent upon funding and performance
- An informal work atmosphere in an international environment where initiative is the norm
- A highly-motivated team of experienced, self-driven colleagues
- A competitive salary dependent upon education and relevant working experience
Application & information
You can apply for this position via the form below before 12th November 2017. If you have any questions, feel free to contact our local office in Kyrgyzstan: Tel +996 312 398204 or email@example.com .
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled person.