KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is looking for a
TB Demand Generation Advisor
Duty station: Manila, Philippines
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an international non-profit organization dedicated to the fight against tuberculosis (TB), the deadliest infectious disease in the world. KNCV is an international center of excellence for TB control that promotes effective, efficient, innovative and sustainable tuberculosis control strategies in a national and international context. Our multidisciplinary team of passionate professionals covers a broad range of expertise such as programmatic TB control, research, clinical management, social science, education, digital health, and project management.
Over the past century KNCV has made a significant contribution to the successful fight against TB in the Netherlands. Since the 1970s, we have shared our knowledge and expertise with the rest of the world. We operate from a central office in The Hague, the Netherlands, a regional office in Central Asia and country offices in Africa and (central) Asia. KNCV raises funds from private, institutional, corporate and government donors.
Introduction to the position
KNCV is currently recruiting a TB Demand Generation Advisor for a potential five-year USAID/Philippines Tuberculosis Innovations and Health Systems Strengthening Project. In line with the Philippines Strategic TB Elimination Plan (PhilSTEP1), the goal of the project is to implement game changing innovative TB detection, prevention, and treatment efforts in a country-wide drive. Partnering with the Department of Health and other stakeholders, roll out of systems strengthening activities will be undertaken with a focus on the “Patient-Centered TB-Care” activity.
This position is subject to project award and funding.
Responsibilities of the job
The TB Demand Generation Advisor will lead the approach to develop evidence-based and patient-centered interventions to reach vulnerable and high risk populations with tailored and appropriate TB outreach and services. S/he will ensure that activities are technically sound and adhere to internationally endorsed or recognized guidance, or have demonstrated proof of concept when supporting new interventions. S/he will provide technical assistance to the relevant government programs to design, implement and evaluate programs that expand utilization of, treatment-seeking and adherence to TB detection and treatment services. This position should be filled by an expatriate who can bring his or her international experience and insights to the activity.
Qualifications and Experience
- Advanced degree (Medical Degree, Masters, or PhD) in health/public health, sociology, epidemiology, monitoring and evaluation, or related field
- At least 12 years of experience designing, implementing, and evaluating infectious disease outreach programs for vulnerable and high risk populations, including but not limited to urban/rural poor, indigenous people, congregate settings, prisoners, migrant workers, elderly, children or people living with HIV
- At least five (5) years of experience developing and implementing infectious disease outreach programs in countries other than the Philippines
- Experience designing, implementing, monitoring and evaluating programs designed to reduce stigma and discrimination
- Demonstrated understanding of health-seeking behavior and patient support needs
- Experience and demonstrated success in involving patients or key affected populations and civil society in project design and execution
- Demonstrated experience developing and implementing effective communication and community engagement programs
- Strong organizational and management skills
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing required
Application and information
You can apply for this position by submitting your CV, including a motivation letter and 3 professional references, via the form below before 3 September 2017. If you have any questions, feel free to contact our HRM Team in The Netherlands: +31(0)70-41672222 or mail to email@example.com.
This position is open to both national as well as international applicants.
Please note that we only consider the applications that are received through the KNCV website.
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled person.