KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is looking for a fulltime
TB Laboratory Supply Chain Management Coordinator
Duty Station: Dar es Salaam Tanzania
KNCV is the lead partner in Challenge TB (CTB), the USAID-funded 5-year global program to decrease TB mortality and morbidity in high-burdened countries. We lead an international consortium with eight partner organizations: American Thoracic Society (ATS), FHI 360, Interactive Research & Development (IRD), Japan Anti-Tuberculosis Foundation (JATA), Management Sciences for Health (MSH), PATH, The International Union Against Tuberculosis and Lung Disease (The Union), and the World Health Organization (WHO).
The overarching strategic objectives of Challenge TB are to improve access to quality patient centred care for TB, TB/HIV, and MDR-TB services; to prevent transmission and disease progression; and to strengthen TB platforms. KNCV is the lead partner and sole implementer of the Challenge TB project in Tanzania
Purpose of the position
The TB Laboratory Supply Chain Management coordinator maintains adequate inventory, records of inventory, distribution, records of distribution, including records of costs and pricing for all items of laboratory inventory items and equipment repair, maintenance and service. She/he plans for maintaining quantity and quality of all supplies for direct and indirect patient care activities.
Duties and responsibilities
- Responsible for the ordering, receiving, storage and distribution of all TB laboratory supplies including reagents, consumables, equipment, spare parts, paper, forms, and any other inventory item(s) related to the operation of the CTRL.
- Support utilization of GXAlert data produced from GeneXpert machines countrywide to forecast and quantify GeneXpert cartridges.
- Assists the Head of CTRL in developing annual supply and expense budget, staying within the limit established for utilization, and reporting to the Head of CTRL any variations from budget
- Acts as a resource person to the TB laboratory staff and clients regarding procurement of supplies in the country
- Support capacity building to the Zonal TB laboratory personnel, hence is equipped with the knowledge for efficient ordering, receiving, storage and distribution of all TB laboratory commodities supplies on a daily basis including GeneXpert cartridges.
- Be a link of information regarding the availability of supplies and other pertinent information between MDS, CTRL/NTLP, Zonal TB Laboratory Personnel, RTLCs and partners on the status of GeneXpert cartridges in the country and other TB reagents and supplies on monthly basis.
- Responsible for maintaining records of service contracts, leases, and utilities of TB laboratory inventories countrywide including GeneXpert machines.
- Coordinate and follow-up on all instrument preventive planned maintenance and emergency service in all operational service areas of the TB laboratories including GeneXpert machines, LPA, and other diagnostics.
- Monitoring and management (aDSM) in the country
Who are we looking for?
- Bachelor degree in Material Management/Supply Chain Management or equivalent,
- A minimum working experience of at least 3 years in Supply Chain Management
- Experience in TB commodities; management is an added advantage
- Good analytical and presentation skills
- Excellent organizational, planning, negotiating and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Kiswahili
- Good problem solving and decision-making ability
- Excellent communication / interpersonal skills
- Excellent computer skills, including familiarity with software such as GXAlert system
Behavioral competencies and skills
- Sound analytical skills;
- Good interpersonal communication;
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and concisely in written and spoken English;
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently;
- Ability to cope with stress and to organize and prioritize workload;
What does KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation offer?
- A full time (40 hours) fixed-term contract for a year, with the intention to extend the contract dependent on performance and availability of funding;
- An informal work atmosphere in an international environment where initiative is appreciated;
- A highly-motivated team of experienced, self-driven colleagues;
- The salary is dependent upon education and relevant working experience;
- KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation has its own Employment Conditions Scheme.
Application and information
You can apply for this position by submitting your CV, including a motivation letter and 3 professional references via the form below before 9th November 2017. If you have any questions, feel free to contact our team in Tanzania +255 22 2664859 or mail to firstname.lastname@example.org