KNCV Tajikistan is looking for a
TB Training Coordinator for Challenge TB Project
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an international non-profit organization dedicated to the fight against tuberculosis (TB), the deadliest infectious disease in the world. KNCV is an international center of excellence for TB control that promotes effective, efficient, innovative and sustainable tuberculosis control strategies in a national and international context. Our multidisciplinary team of passionate professionals covers a broad range of expertise such as programmatic TB control, research, clinical management, social science, education, digital health, and project management.
Over the past century KNCV has made a significant contribution to the successful fight against TB in the Netherlands. Since the 1970s, we have shared our knowledge and expertise with the rest of the world. We operate from a central office in The Hague, the Netherlands, a regional office in Central Asia and country offices in Africa and (central) Asia. KNCV raises funds from private, institutional, corporate and government donors.
In Tajikistan, KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation (KNCV) started implementation of the USAID funded five year Challenge TB (CTB) project in January 2015. The Strategy of CTB in Tajikistan is to improve capacity and quality of care for drug-resistant TB patients with the focus on new tools and innovations. KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is the leading partner of the project in Tajikistan. The project is implemented in the framework of the Memorandum of Understanding between KNCV and the Ministry of Health and Social Protection of Population of the Republic of Tajikistan. The project implements new treatment regimens including shorter regimens (9-11 months) and new TB drugs regimen (Bedaquiline and Delamanid) for treatment and care of MDR and XDR TB patients. The main interventions of the Challenge TB project are: 1) creating conditions required for appropriate enrolment of patients on new regimens (shorter regimen and regimens containing new drugs); 2) introducing active drug safety monitoring and management system 3) developing clinical guide and protocols and 4) improving TB drugs management through building NTP’s capacity and implementation of Early Warning System by using QuanTB at the central and regional levels.
The overall responsibility of CTB Training Coordinator is to provide support in coordination and implementation of trainings activities under USAID Challenge TB Project. Under direct supervision of the KNCV Country Director.
AS TB Training Coordinator you will:
- Provide logistical and administrative support to arrange, organize and implement trainings activities.
- Provide logistical arrangements for project and office activities including duty travels, missions, workshops, and various meetings;
- Keep calendars of project events up to date and support to organize them.
- Collect training reports and update the database on all trainings conducted regularly per the Challenge TB requirements
- Process purchases of goods and services and ensures they are within budgets and in compliance with donor rules.
- Assist in preparation of the CTB project’ plans and budgets related to workshops, trainings and other events;
- Ensure fulfilling USAID rules, branding and marking policy
- Translation of written documentation and interpretation, if necessary, into Tajik, Russian and English languages
- Assist the Country Director on all other matters related to KNCV administrative and training activities
Who are we looking for?
- University degree in public relations or equivalent
Knowledge and experience
- Experience in collaboration and communication with stakeholders and international partners
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to cooperate and negotiate with technical and funding agencies, and to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Experience in planning and implementation of international projects (preferably USAID funded projects);
- Experience in working in multi-component projects and multi-cultural environment.
- Fluent in Tajik, Russian and English
- Advanced knowledge with relevant software applications
- Self-starter, team player, responsible and reliable
What does KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation offer?
- A fixed-term contract for 4 months, with the intention to extend the contract dependent on funding and performance
- A casual office work atmosphere in an international environment where initiative is the norm
- A highly-motivated team of experienced, diverse, self-driven colleagues
- A competitive salary and benefits package (including relocation allowance) dependent upon education and relevant work experience
Application and information
Interested candidates are requested to submit a cover letter and curriculum vitae in English and/or Russian/Tajik with names and contacts of the last three professional references to the e-mail address: Tatiana.firstname.lastname@example.org
The applications must be sent by June 12, 2018 under subject “Training Coordinator for Challenge TB Project in Tajikistan”