KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an international non-profit organization dedicated to the fight against tuberculosis (TB), the most deadly infectious disease in the world. KNCV is an international center of expertise for TB control that promotes effective, efficient, innovative and sustainable tuberculosis control strategies in a national and international context. We are an organization of passionate TB professionals, including doctors, researchers, training experts, nurses and epidemiologists. We aim to stop the worldwide epidemic of TB and to prevent the further spread of drug-resistant TB.
Over the past century we have built a wealth of knowledge and expertise, initially by successfully controlling TB in the Netherlands. Since the 1970s, we have also shared our knowledge and expertise with the rest of the world. We operate from a central office in The Hague, the Netherlands, a regional office in Central Asia and country offices worldwide. KNCV raises funds from private, institutional, corporate and government donors.
Purpose of the Position
The Technical Division within KNCV is looking to recruit a Technical Advisor to work within the Health Systems and Key Populations Team. This is a new and dynamic team that contributes to KNCV’s thought leadership and strategy, addressing major health systems needed to support TB control in developing countries. In addition – the Technical Advisor will provide technical assistance and coordination to a selected group of countries under the Challenge TB Project and other projects led by KNCV. The Technical Advisor will also have an opportunity to contribute to technical aspects of KNCV’s business development.
As Technical Advisor you will:
- Contribute and/ or lead the development of various initiatives within the Unit as well as work across teams (Access, Evidence and Laboratories), contributing to KNCV’s long term strategy;
- Support various programs and projects in countries where KNCV works, especially those under the Challenge TB Project, with attention to countries affected by high rates of TB and HIV co-infection;
- Contribute to the development and implementation of policies and innovations to further Active and Intensified Case finding (ACF and ICF), ongoing integration of TB and HIV services, including infection control practices and provide guidance on required health systems and service quality;
- Provide and/or coordinate Technical Assistance under the Challenge TB Project to achieve the goals and objectives of this program.
Who are we looking for?
- MD or PhD in health related field;
- Post graduate degree in public health or management
- At least seven years’ experience working in the health sector in a developing country context;
- Good command of the program/project cycle (planning implementation M&E);
- Policy development and program implementation targeting key populations (TB and HIV);
- Systems approaches to ensure service quality, including integration of TB and HIV;
- Experience with ICF and ACF modalities;
- Knowledge of patient centered approaches and social protection measures;
- Experience working across public and non-public sectors;
- Experience with assessment and implementation of TB Infection Control (TB IC);
- Knowledge and experience with adult learning modalities;
- Quality of services measurement;
- Experience with providing TA to the Global Fund program cycle.
- Strategic thinker who will lead and also participate in the initiatives within the HSKP Unit;
- Ability to work in teams and also independently;
- Solutions focused and problem solving;
- Culturally sensitive and diplomatic.
What does KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation offer?
- A full-time (38 hours per week) fixed-term contract for a year, with the intention to extend the contract depending on funding and performance;
- An informal work atmosphere in an international environment where initiative is appreciated;
- A highly-motivated team of experienced, self-driven colleagues;
- The salary is dependent upon education and relevant working experience;
- KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation has its own Employment Conditions Scheme.
Application and information
You can apply for this position via the form below before 13 June 2016. If you have any questions, feel free to contact our HRM Team in The Netherlands: +31(0)70-4167228 or email@example.com.
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled person.