KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is looking for a fulltime
Technical Advisor PMDT
Duty Station: Nasarawa, Nigeria
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an international non-profit organization dedicated to the fight against tuberculosis (TB), the deadliest infectious disease in the world. KNCV is an international center of excellence for TB control that promotes effective, efficient, innovative and sustainable tuberculosis control strategies in a national and international context. Our multidisciplinary team of passionate professionals covers a broad range of expertise such as programmatic TB control, research, clinical management, social science, education, digital health, and project management.
Over the past century KNCV has made a significant contribution to the successful fight against TB in the Netherlands. Since the 1970s, we have shared our knowledge and expertise with the rest of the world. We operate from a central office in The Hague, the Netherlands, a regional office in Central Asia and country offices in Africa and (central) Asia. KNCV raises funds from private, institutional, corporate and government donors.
KNCV is the lead partner in Challenge TB, a USAID-funded 5-year global program to decrease TB mortality and morbidity in high burdened countries. We lead an international consortium with eight partner organizations: American Thoracic Society (ATS), FHI 360, Interactive Research & Development (IRD), Japan Anti-Tuberculosis Foundation (JATA), and Management Sciences for Health (MSH), PATH, The International Union Against Tuberculosis and Lung Disease (The Union), and the World Health.
The overarching strategic objectives of Challenge TB are to improve access to quality patient centered care for TB, TB/HIV, and MDR-TB services; to prevent transmission and disease progression; and to strengthen TB platforms.
Purpose of the position
In the position of the Technical Advisor PMDT you provide in-country technical coordination of programmatic management of Drug Resistant TB activities in the region (Nasarawa, Niger and Benue state).
As Technical Advisor PMDT you will:
- Monitor the diagnosis and notification of drug-resistant (DR-TB) patient in collaboration with KNCV Program Officers, State Quality Assurance Officers (QAOs) and State DR-TB Focal persons
- Ensure proper work-up of DR-TB patients before enrollment on treatment (baseline investigations, patient consent forms, complete and correct documentation of an R&R tools, line listing and e-TB manager
- Promote a patient-centered approach and ensure enrollment of DR-TB patients on treatment in the community
- Ensure monthly ODP evaluation for clinical, laboratory and radiological review (retrieve and document all results)
- Ensure uninterrupted supply of second line anti-TB drugs, commodities, social welfare support to DR-TB patients, and ambulatory treatment using existing channels
- Provide sufficient pharmacovigilance to al patents ( monitor and document all ADRs)
- Ensure proper documentation of the records of DR-TB patients on ambulatory treatment and follow-up with treatment outcomes of the patients on ambulatory treatment
- Promote DR-TB prevention and infection control through the use of proper channels
- Strengthen collaboration platform and linkage for regular follow-up clinical visits and laboratory evaluations/state DR-TB review meeting
- Promote and support effective coordination and referrals of patients for ambulatory and hospital based DR-TB management
- Participate in PMDT joint supportive supervisory visits to ensure quality of care/funds disbursement from enrollment to treatment completion
- Perform other additional duties as assigned.
Who are we looking for?
- An MBBs degree
- An MPH degree will be an advantage.
- At least 3 years work experience with: HIV and TB/DR-TB program at various levels; USAID projects and/or any development partner.
- Experience working at community level
- Experience working with non-project staff (Government or private health care workers)
Behavioral competencies and skills:
- Strong coordination, planning, and supervisory skills and willingness to travel on short notice.
- Competent with project implementation at State and Local Government areas
- Able to communicate complex issues in a concise, accessible and engaging manner.
What do we offer?
- A full-time (40 hours per week) fixed-term contract for a year, with the intention to extend the contract. Depending on funding and performance;
- An informal work atmosphere in an international environment where initiative is appreciated;
- A highly-motivated team of experienced, self-driven colleagues;
- The salary is dependent upon education and relevant working experience;
- KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation has its own Employment Conditions Scheme.
Application and Information
You can apply for this position by submitting your CV, including a motivation letter and 3 professional references, via the form below before 10th October 2017. If you have any questions, feel free to contact our HRM Team in Nigeria: +234 (0)9030349255 or mail to email@example.com.
Please note that we only consider the applications that are received through the KNCV website.