KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is looking for a fulltime
Technical Coordinator Adherence Project
Duty station: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an international non-profit organization dedicated to the fight against tuberculosis (TB), the first deadliest infectious disease in the world. KNCV is an international center of expertise for TB control that promotes effective, efficient, innovative and sustainable tuberculosis control strategies in a national and international context. We are an organization of passionate TB professionals, including doctors, researchers, training experts, nurses and epidemiologists. We aim to stop the spread of the worldwide epidemic of TB and to prevent the further spread of drug-resistant TB. We operate from a central office in The Hague in the Netherlands, a regional office in Central Asia and country offices worldwide. KNCV raises funds from private, institutional, corporate, and government donors. KNCV’s main funding source is the USAID funded Challenge TB project, which is also implemented in 22 countries.
In Tanzania, more than 75% tuberculosis patients opt for home-based DOT and are supported by a family or community member. However, this approach is difficult to implement in mobile populations like artisanal miners, resulting in lower treatment success rates in mining-heavy districts.
Under TB REACH Wave 6 funding, KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation, The National Tuberculosis and Leprosy Control Programme (NTLP) and Everwell Heath Solutions will
Implement a demonstration project of 99DOTS, an mHealth solution for improved monitoring of patient treatment adherence that also enables automatic prioritization of at-risk patients for health care worker follow up.
The proposed 18-month demonstration project will assess practicalities, scalability and impact of implementation of 99DOTS adherence technology. Implementation will take place in Geita, Simanjiro, Kahama and Chunya districts.
The position will be based in Dar es Salaam and will require travel to project sites.
The Technical Coordinator reports to the Country Director (Dar es Salaam, Tanzania) and Digital Health Team (The Hague, Netherlands).
Purpose of the position
As Technical Coordinator of the Adherence Project at KNCV you will:
- Overall responsibility of execution of project, implementation and coordination
- Liaise with in-country stakeholders (e.g. NTP/MOH) on a regular basis
- Contribute to country-specific implementation strategy in collaboration with Digital Health Solutions team at HQ
- Plan and facilitate trainings/workshops at national, district, and health facility levels
- Guide development and implementation of differentiation of care pathways for patients using 99DOTS
- Support key project human resource activities, such as fieldworker recruitment, coordination and supervision
- Conduct regular district/health facility visits to provide supportive supervision
- Report on project milestones, status, and progress to country director and Digital Health Solutions team at HQ
- Leverage project learnings to define country implementation package and scale-up strategy
- Act as line manager to the project technical officer
Who are we looking for?
- Relevant degree in public health, medicine, epidemiology, project management, or other related field
Knowledge and Experience
- A minimum of three years of experience in public health and/or tuberculosis control;
- (Preferred) experience working with the artisanal mining sector
- Proven track record in people, project and finance management;
- Expertise in overall management of tuberculosis and/or HIV;
- Knowledge and skills in project activities implementation.
- Excellent organizational, planning, negotiating and problem-solving skills.
- Affinity with mobile technologies.
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office package;
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English and Kiswahili;
- Excellent presentation skills.
What does KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation offer?
- KNCV offers you a full time contract for a period of 15 months,
- An informal work atmosphere where initiative is appreciated;
- A highly-motivated team of experienced, self-driven colleagues;
- The salary is dependent upon education and relevant working experience;
- KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation has its own Employment Conditions Scheme;
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation has its own Employment Conditions Scheme.
Application and information
You can apply for this position by submitting your CV, including a motivation letter and 3 professional references, via the form below, before 31 August 2018 . If you have any questions, feel free to contact our team in Tanzania +255 22 2664859 or mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that we only consider the applications that are received through the KNCV website. Applicants that are sent to recruit email account are not taken into consideration.