KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is looking for a
Technical Director Health System Strengthening
Duty station: Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan
Introduction to KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an international non-profit organization dedicated to the fight against tuberculosis (TB), still the deadliest infectious disease in the world.
KNCV is an international center of expertise for TB control that promotes effective, efficient, innovative and sustainable tuberculosis control strategies in a national and international context. We are an organization of passionate TB professionals, including doctors, researchers, training experts, nurses and epidemiologists and laboratory scientists. We aim to stop the spread of the worldwide epidemic of TB and to prevent the further spread of drug-resistant TB.
Introduction to the position
KNCV is planning to recruit a Technical Director for a potential five-year USAID/Kyrgyzstan TB Control Project. The overarching goal of the Project is to reduce the burden of DR-TB in the Kyrgyz Republic.
This position is subject to project award and funding.
Purpose of the position
The Technical Director HSS will be responsible for leading a high-quality, results-oriented activity to achieve the objectives and sub-objectives outlined in this RFA. S/he will provide overall technical and managerial leadership of the project objectives related to Health System Strengthening. S/he will bring a strong perspective on health systems strengthening to the activity, particularly significant expertise in health finance, data for decision making and stigma reduction.
Who we are looking for?
- Advanced degree (Medical Degree, Masters, or PhD) in health, social sciences, or a relevant field
- At least 15 years working on health sector and health systems strengthening projects, as well as demonstrated leadership and management skills to effectively and efficiently implement complex and politically sensitive international health projects
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage diverse teams and ensure high performance and staff retainment
- Ability to develop and manage relationships with a wide range of stakeholders, including
government officials and private sector
– Experience and skills in financial management and performance monitoring
– Knowledge of and experience working with USAID or other international donor projects
– Strong organizational and management skills
– Exceptional communication skills, particularly in English and Russian, both verbally and in writing
What does KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation offer?
- A fixed-term contract for a year, with the intention to extend depending on funding and performance
- An informal work atmosphere in an international environment where initiative is appreciated
- A highly-motivated team of experienced, self-driven colleagues
- The salary is dependent upon education and relevant working experience
Application and information
You can apply for this position by submitting your CV, including a motivation letter via www.kncvtbc.org/kgz1901 before 10 March 2019. If you have any questions, feel free to contact our HRM Team in The Netherlands: +31(0)70-41672222.
Please note that we only consider the applications that are received through th