KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is looking for a
Duty station: Manila, Philippines
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an international non-profit organization dedicated to the fight against tuberculosis (TB), still the deadliest infectious disease in the world.
KNCV is an international center of expertise for TB control that promotes effective, efficient, innovative and sustainable tuberculosis control strategies in a national and international context. We are an organization of passionate TB professionals, including doctors, researchers, training experts, nurses and epidemiologists and laboratory scientists. We aim to stop the spread of the worldwide epidemic of TB and to prevent the further spread of drug-resistant TB.
Over the past century we have built up a wealth of knowledge and expertise, initially by successfully controlling TB in the Netherlands. Since the 1970s, we have also shared our knowledge and expertise with the rest of the world. We operate from a central office in The Hague in the Netherlands, a regional office in Central Asia and country offices worldwide. KNCV raises funds from private, institutional, corporate, and government donors.
Introduction to the position
KNCV is planning to recruit a Technical Director for a potential five-year USAID/Philippines Tuberculosis Innovations and Health Systems Strengthening Project. The project intends to dramatically reduce cases of multidrug-resistant (MDR) TB through the introduction of state of the art technologies and approaches to scale up MDR diagnosis, prevention and treatment complement and expand TB activities. It will increase MDR-TB detection rates, increase MDR-TB treatment success rates and cure rates. The objective of the project is to implement game changing innovative TB detection, prevention, and treatment efforts nation-wide. The project will be implemented in close collaboration with the Department of Health, NTP and other stakeholders, and in alignment with the “Patient-Centered TB-Care” activity.
This position is subject to project award and funding.
Responsibilities of the job
The Technical Director reports to the Chief of Party and will:
- Provide overall technical leadership of the projects;
- Build capacity of the project team to ensure high performance and technical leadership to enable them to build the capacity of local partners;
- Lead and provide guidance to the technical team all throughout the project, from annual planning, implementation and implementation reviews, to monitoring, supervision, evaluation, recording and reporting.
Qualification and experience
- In depth knowledge of specific technical areas, more specifically regarding technologies and approaches to scale up MDR diagnosis, prevention and treatment
- Proven track record of experience in relevant international work in specific technical areas, specifically MDR TB diagnostics, prevention and care.
- Knowledge of ongoing and emerging issues in relation to TB epidemiology, global and international policy, evidence development, and control strategies
- Experience in developing and managing projects in coordination with Ministries of Health and international partners
- At least 10 years experience in technical and program management experience.
- Experience in developing policies, strategies, (research) projects and publications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
Application and information
You can apply for this position by submitting your CV, including a motivation letter and 3 professional references, via the form below before 7 August 2017. If you have any questions, feel free to contact our HRM Team in The Netherlands: +31(0)70-41672222 or mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This position is only open to applicants who are in possession of a Philippine residence and work permit.
Please note that we only consider the applications that are received through the KNCV website.
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled person.