KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is looking for a
Duty station: Almaty, Kazakhstan
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an international non-profit organization dedicated to the fight against tuberculosis (TB), the most deadly infectious disease in the world. KNCV is an international center of expertise for TB control that promotes effective, efficient, innovative and sustainable tuberculosis control strategies in a national and international context. We are an organization of passionate TB professionals, including doctors, researchers, training experts, nurses and epidemiologists. We aim to stop the worldwide epidemic of TB and to prevent the further spread of drug-resistant TB.
Over the past century we have built a wealth of knowledge and expertise, initially by successfully controlling TB in the Netherlands. Since the 1970s, we have also shared our knowledge and expertise with the rest of the world. We operate from a central office in The Hague, the Netherlands, a regional office in Central Asia and country offices worldwide. KNCV raises funds from private, institutional, corporate and government donors
KNCV Regional Office Kazakhstan
The KNCV Regional Office in Central Asia is a Representative Office of the Royal Netherlands Association on prevention and fight against tuberculosis that was officially registered in Almaty, Kazakhstan in 2006.
KNCV Regional Office is responsible for implementation of KNCV’ projects/programs in Kazakhstan, and at the same time, operates as a Technical Hub for the region. Regional Office is accountable to KNCV Central Office and works in close collaboration and coordination with country & project teams at Central Office.
Regional Office manages and coordinates projects/programs implemented by KNCV in Kazakhstan and ensures timely and proper implementation of the activities. Regional Office maintains good collaboration with key partners and ensures communication on KNCV activity in the country.
In March 2017, KNCV Representative Office in Central Asia signed contract with the National Scientific Center of Phthysiopulmonology of the Republic of Kazakhstan as a sub-recipient for implementation of NFM GFATM grant. In the framework of this project, KNCV will provide technical support to the PIU GFATM grant and NTP on involvement of non-governmental organizations in provision of TB care.
Purpose of the job
Technical Officer is responsible for project implementation in close collaboration with PIU GFATM/NTP in Kazakhstan.
Position in the organization
The Technical Officer is accountable and reports to the Director of the KNCV Office in Almaty.
- Coordinates the preparation of annual work plans and budgets;
- Administrates activities implementation including disbursement of project budget;
- Develops project progress reports and manages timely submission;
- Establishes and maintains effective coordination and communication with local non-governmental organizations;
- Contributes to quarterly and annual progress reports to all internal and external stakeholders;
- Ensures the branding & marking policy;
- Maintains good relationships with partners;
- Ensures appropriate communication on project activities with PIU GFATM and other relevant partners;
- Participates in all applicable meetings;
Who are we looking for?
Masters’ degree in Social sciences or Public Health or equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years of working experience in implementation of international projects/programs on involvement of local nongovernmental organizations in public health programs;
- Knowledge of Global Fund programs (work experience with Global Fund is desired);
- Demonstrated understanding of TB and HIV/AIDS control strategies and challenges;
- Demonstrated experience in data analysis and reporting results;
- Experience in training and facilitation;
Behavioral competences and skills
- Ability to work in a team;
- Good organizational and analytical skills;
- Good negotiation skills;
- Good presentation skills;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Willingness to learn.
- Excellent verbal and written skills of Russian and English (desirable);
- Excellent computer skills (Ms Office, analytical packages);
What does KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation offer?
- A part time (60%) fixed-term contract for a year with possible extension;
- An informal work atmosphere in an international environment where initiative is appreciated;
- A highly-motivated team of experienced, self-driven colleagues;
- The salary is dependent upon education and relevant working experience.
Application and information
You can apply for this position via the form below before 20 April 2017. If you have any questions, feel free to contact KNCV CAR in Almaty: +7 7272911255 or firstname.lastname@example.org
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled person.