KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is looking for a fulltime
Technical Officer for the ASCENT Project
Duty Station: Tanzania Dar es Salaam
Information and application via www.kncvtbc.org/tz1908
This vacancy is subject to grant award and funding
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an international non-profit organization dedicated to the fight against tuberculosis (TB), still the deadliest infectious disease in the world. KNCV is an international center of expertise for TB control that promotes effective, efficient, innovative and sustainable tuberculosis control strategies in a national and international context. We are an organization of passionate TB professionals, including doctors, researchers, training experts, nurses and epidemiologists. We aim to stop the spread of the worldwide epidemic of TB and to prevent the further spread of drug-resistant TB.
ASCENT Project Background
Historically, the most widely-implemented means of supporting TB patients and ensuring adherence for their treatment is Directly Observed Treatment (DOT). With DOT, a health care worker observes (in-person) the patient’s daily ingestion of medication, either at the health facility or patient’s home. While the DOT approach has advanced global decline in TB incidence, innovations are needed to address existing gaps, enable system efficiencies, improve patient-centered care, empower providers and patients and achieve greater impact for all types of TB.
By taking advantage of today’s powerful communication mechanisms, the implementation of digital adherence technologies (DAT) can help to overcome health care disparities by allowing patients greater freedom to self-manage and participate in their own care, reduce financial burdens and restore autonomy and dignity, and simultaneously empower providers with accurate and timely information to provide differentiated care.
KNCV is currently recruiting a Technical Officer for a potential project called ASCENT (Adherence Support Coalition to End TB- project); a project to implement integrated Digital Adherence Technology (DAT) interventions in five key countries (Ethiopia, the Philippines, South Africa, Tanzania, and Ukraine) for all types of TB (DS-TB, DR-TB, LTBI).
***This position is subject to grant award and funding***
Purpose of the position
The ASCENT Technical Officer is responsible for the overall technical implementation of the project. He/She develops (DAT) intervention with implementation approach and coordinates with selected service provider(s) to facilitate configuration, set up and management of adherence technology ecosystem (adherence technology products, platform, hosting messaging and phone lines, etc.)
Place in the organization
The ASCENT Technical Officer reports to the ASCENT Project Manager
As Technical Officer you will:
- Manage (IT) technical support request from Regional Technical Officers
- Provide support to NTP/MOH on Procurement and Supply Chain management of DAT, including development of procurement plans, development of SOPs on customs clearance, in-country distribution mechanisms, recording and documentation, quality monitoring of logistics and supervision, etc.
- Provide technical support to NTP/MOH and support capacity of Regional Technical Officers on the implementation of the DAT intervention (incl. trouble shooting)
- Plan and facilitate trainings/workshops at national level
- Conduct regular district/health facility visits to provide supportive supervision
- Prepare activity reports
Who are we looking for?
- Relevant degree in public health, medicine, project management, or related field
- Experience in implementing and/or use of technology solutions (minimum of 3 years)
- Experience in Procurement and Supply Management
- Experience providing technology support and/or background in IT
- (Preferably) Experience working on TB, health-related projects
- Affinity with digital technologies
- Experience working with a wide range of stakeholders at regional levels and national level
Behavioral competencies and skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English;
- Strong communicator to partners & stakeholders
- Strong computer skills and knowledge
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English
- Excellent presentation skills.
What do we offer?
- A full time (40 hours) fixed-term contract for a year, with the intention to extend the contract;
- An informal work atmosphere in an international environment where initiative is appreciated;
- A highly-motivated team of experienced, self-driven colleagues;
- The salary is dependent upon education and relevant working experience;
- KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation has its own HR Manual.
Application and information
More information can be found on www.kncvtbc.org/vacancies. You can apply for this position by submitting your CV, including a motivation letter and 3 professional references, via the form below before 5 July 2019. If you have any questions, feel free to contact our HRM Team in The Hague: +31(0)70-41672222 or mail to email@example.com.