KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is looking for a
Technical Officer (Full time)
Duty station: Lilongwe, Malawi
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an international non-profit organization dedicated to the fight against tuberculosis (TB), still the second deadliest infectious disease in the world.
KNCV is an international center of expertise for TB control that promotes effective, efficient, innovative and sustainable tuberculosis control strategies in a national and international context. We are an organization of passionate TB professionals, including doctors, researchers, training experts, nurses and epidemiologists. We aim to stop the spread of the worldwide epidemic of TB and to prevent the further spread of drug-resistant TB.
Over the past century we have built up a wealth of knowledge and expertise, initially by successfully controlling TB in the Netherlands. Since the 1970s, we have also shared our knowledge and expertise with the rest of the world. We operate from a central office in The Hague in the Netherlands, a regional office in Central Asia and country offices worldwide. KNCV raises funds from private, institutional, corporate, and government donors.
KNCV is the lead partner in Challenge TB (CTB), the new USAID-funded 5-year global program to decrease TB mortality and morbidity in high burdened countries. We lead an international consortium with eight partner organizations: American Thoracic Society (ATS), Family Health International (FHI 360), Interactive Research & Development (IRD), Japanese Anti Tuberculosis Foundation (JATA), Management Sciences for Health (MSH), Program for Appropriate Technology in Health (PATH), The International Union Against Tuberculosis and Lung Disease (The Union), and the World Health Organization.
The overarching strategic objectives of Challenge TB are to improve access to quality patient centered care for TB, TB/HIV, and MDR-TB services; to prevent transmission and disease progression; and to strengthen TB platforms.
Purpose of the position
The technical officer provides technical assistance and service delivery for TB in the priority areas. This includes capacity building, service delivery, community TB activities, diagnostic networks and PEPFAR partners.
Position in the organization
The technical officer reports to the Technical Coordinator
- Assists in the preparation and coordination of activities and plans, working closely with the National Tuberculosis Programme at central and peripheral levels as well as with CTB Zonal TB Advisors and ACF teams
- Coordinates the planning and implementation of activities across the CTB priority districts with CTB /USAID implementation partners
- Assists with capacity building initiatives by participating in the preparation and delivery of trainings, workshops and mentorship as well as other technical services and duties.
- Provides technical assistance, mentorship and support to NTP and HCW who are providing TB/HIV services as requested
- Works closely with M&E unit of CTB and NTP to ensure timely reporting and ensure the relevant data on various activities by CTB is captured
- Participates in operations research and be able to compile information on lessons learned
- Participates in appropriate technical meetings and conferences as required
- Carries out any such duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
Who we are looking for?
- Degree in Health Science Degree/ Public Health and / or training in medical laboratory
- At least three years related work experience in TB control programme
- Experience in collaboration with governmental authorities and national programme such as the national TB programme, as well as provincial and district health authorities
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency in relevant software
Behavioral competencies and skills:
- Experience in capacity building, training and mentoring staff and others.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlinesHelicopter view
- Diplomacy, tact and sensitivity
Duration of the contract
11 months with possible extension.
You can apply for this position via the form below before 11 November 2016. If you have any questions, feel free to contact our HRM Team in The Netherlands: +31(0)70-4167228 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we only consider the applications that are received through the KNCV website. Applicants that are sent to recruit email account are not taken into consideration.
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled.