KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is looking for a fulltime
Technical Officer in the Philippines
Duty Station: Metro Manilla, Philippines
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an international non-profit organization dedicated to the fight against tuberculosis (TB), the first deadliest infectious disease in the world. KNCV is an international center of expertise for TB control that promotes effective, efficient, innovative and sustainable tuberculosis control strategies in a national and international context.We are an organization of passionate TB professionals, including doctors, researchers, training experts, nurses and epidemiologists. We aim to stop the spread of the worldwide epidemic of TB and to prevent the further spread of drug-resistant TB. We operate from a central office in The Hague in the Netherlands, a regional office in Central Asia and country offices worldwide. KNCV raises funds from private, institutional, corporate, and government donors. KNCV’s main funding source is the USAID funded Challenge TB project, which is also implemented in 22 countries.
A majority of tuberculosis (TB) patients in the Philippines seek out the private health sector for diagnosis and treatment. There is a need for a supportive system to enable private providers to facilitate quality-assured TB care using accurate adherence data. Critically, this will enable providers to provide additional counselling support for those patients that have a high risk for poor outcomes/resistance.
Under TB REACH Wave 6 funding, KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation will work in collaboration with 3 private TB clinics, supported by the National Tuberculosis Program (NTP) to implement a demonstration project of 99DOTS, an mHealth solution for improved monitoring of patient treatment adherence that also enables automatic prioritization of at-risk patients for health care worker follow up.
The proposed 18 month project aims to assess practicalities, scalability and impact on treatment outcomes of using the adherence technology 99DOTS for 1,000 adult DS-TB
patients treated with fixed-dose combinations in NTP-engaged private facilities in three areas of Metro-Manila. (Quezon City, Mandaluyong City and Manila City.)
Purpose of the position
To support project activities, KNCV is looking for one technical officer who will be able to implement the project activities.
Position in the organization
The technical officer will report directly to the KNCV Project/Technical Coordinator in the Philippines.
Duties and responsibilities
The technical officer will:
- Support activities around roll out of adherence technology solution, including contributing to implementation strategy;
- Support engagement with NTP stakeholders at central, regional, and local levels;
- Support adherence technology supply chain management (sleeving/distribution);
- Act as first point of contact for private health providers and fieldworkers, coordinating project support as needed;
- Provide first line technical support (IT) to health providers and fieldworkers;
- Collaborate with selected technology provider(s) to manage adherence technology (includes support of app, dashboard, server, and/or phone lines);
- Plan and facilitate trainings/workshops of health providers;
- Coordinate logistics for meetings and workshops;
- Conduct monthly health facility visits to monitor and support implementation;
- Prepare reports on data collected via the adherence technology platform.
Who are we looking for?
- Background in a relevant field (global health, public health, epidemiology or similar)
- Project management experience
- Affinity with mobile technologies and/or experience providing basic technology support
- (Preferably) experience in implementing and/or use of technology solutions
- Experience communicating technical concepts to non-technical audience
Behavioral competencies and skills
- Good interpersonal skills with experience in networking with partners at all levels (ministry, donors, private sector, NGOs and local community based organizations);
- Service-minded towards partners and stakeholders with a flexible attitude
- Professional and clear communicator in English (and preferably Tagalog)
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently;
- Ability to cope with a demanding work environment and to organize and prioritize workload;
- Ability to work in a national and international team.
What does KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation offer?
- A fixed-term contract for a year with a possibility for extension;
- An informal work atmosphere in an international environment where a pro-active mentality is appreciated;
- The salary is dependent upon education and relevant working experience;
- KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation has its own Employment Conditions Scheme;
- Full-time employment consists of 40 hours per week.
Application and Information
You can apply for this position by submitting your CV, including a motivation letter and 3 professional references, via the form below, before August 19th, 2018.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact our team via +639177101400 or 09177101400 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that we only consider the applications that are received through the KNCV website. Applicants that are sent to recruit email account are not taken into consideration.