KNCV is the lead partner in Challenge TB (CTB), the new USAID-funded 5-year global program to decrease TB mortality and morbidity in high burdened countries. We lead an international consortium with eight partner organizations: American Thoracic Society (ATS), Family Health International (FHI 360), Interactive Research & Development (IRD), Japanese Anti Tuberculosis Foundation (JATA), Management Sciences for Health (MSH), Program for Appropriate Technology in Health (PATH), The International Union Against Tuberculosis and Lung Disease (The Union), and the World Health Organization. The overarching strategic objectives of Challenge TB are to improve access to quality patient centred care for TB, TB/HIV, and MDR-TB services; to prevent transmission and disease progression; and to strengthen TB platforms.
Currently KNCV is looking for a:
Technical Officer – Laboratory
Duty Station: West Java, Indonesia
The Provincial Technical Officer – Laboratory will provide technical assistance to Provincial Health Office/Provincial Health Laboratory/Balai Laboratorium Kesehatan Propinsi to enhance TB Lab services, networking and quality assurance at the provincial level.
As the Provincial Technical Officer – Laboratory you will:
- Provide technical assistance at provincial level on TB Lab Strengthening Program, networking and external quality assurance.
- Provide technical assistance in the implementation of GeneXpert and other new TB rapid diagnostic tools where necessary and monitor the progress.
- In coordination with Senior TO Lab in RO, assist in the development of TB Laboratory guidelines, SOPs, forms and other documents as necessary in line with international practices.
- Assess whether microbiology test for TB diagnosis are carried out in accordance with TB Laboratory guidelines.
- In coordination with Senior TO Lab in RO, facilitate training on TB Lab techniques such as microscopy/culture/DST at provincial level, etc.
- Improve performance of external quality assurance on TB microscopy/culture/DST.
- In coordination with Senior TO Lab in RO, Provincial Health Office and Provincial Health Laboratory to establish Intermediate Reference Labs for EQA microscopy in the respective province.
- Provide technical assistance in the functioning of individual laboratory and the development of TB Lab network in provincial level.
- Submit periodical progress reports and field visit report in accordance with KNCV-CHALLENGE TB guidelines to the Provincial Coordinator/respective Technical Team Leader in RO.
- Participate in the regular coordination meetings with Dinas Kesehatan Provinsi and other partners.
- Attend provincial, regional, national or international meetings as required and after consultation with the KNCV- CHALLENGE TB Country Director and Director of Technical Service.
Who are we looking for?
- Medical microbiology degree, clinical microbiology/pathology, biology or other relevant degree.
Knowledge and Experience
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience in laboratory and diagnostic microbiology.
- Preferably with good knowledge in TB diagnostic (microscopic examination, culture/Drug Susceptibility Testing and new TB diagnostic tools).
- Good knowledge in laboratory management and biosafety.
- Expert in operating MS Office.
Behavioral Competencies and Skills
- Analytical Skills.
- Ability to cope with stress.
- Good communication skills, fluent in English oral and written.
What do we offer?
- Fixed term contract for one year, with the intention to extend the contract, depending on performance and funding.
- Highly motivated team of experienced, self-driven colleagues.
- A competitive salary.
Application and Information
You can apply for this position via the form below before 25 January 2017. If you have any questions, feel free to contact our HRM Team in Indonesia at email@example.com. Please note that we only consider the applications that are received through KNCV website. Applications that are sent to recruit email account are not taken into consideration.