KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is looking for a:
Duty station: Lilongwe, Malawi
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an international non-profit organization dedicated to the fight against tuberculosis (TB), the deadliest infectious disease in the world. KNCV is an international center of excellence for TB control that promotes effective, efficient, innovative and sustainable tuberculosis control strategies in a national and international context. Our multidisciplinary team of passionate professionals covers a broad range of expertise such as programmatic TB control, research, clinical management, social science, education, digital health, and project management. Over the past century KNCV has made a significant contribution to the successful fight against TB in the Netherlands, and since the 1970s, we have shared our knowledge and expertise with the rest of the world. We operate from a central office in The Hague, the Netherlands, a regional office in Central Asia and country offices in Africa and (central) Asia. KNCV raises funds from private, institutional, corporate and government donors.
KNCV is the lead partner in Challenge TB (CTB), the USAID-funded 5-year global program to decrease TB mortality and morbidity in high burdened countries. We lead an international consortium with eight partner organizations: American Thoracic Society (ATS), FHI 360, Interactive Research & Development (IRD), Japan Anti-Tuberculosis Foundation (JATA), and Management Sciences for Health (MSH), PATH, The International Union Against Tuberculosis and Lung Disease (The Union), and the World Health Organization (WHO).
The overarching strategic objectives of CTB are to improve access to quality patient centered care for TB, TB/HIV, and drug-resistant TB services; to prevent transmission and disease progression; and to strengthen TB platforms.
Purpose of the position
The Technical Officer works under the direction of the CTB Technical Coordinator and assists in workplan preparation and implementation of activities, working closely with the National TB Program (NTP) at central and peripheral levels as well as with CTB Zonal TB Advisors and particularly supervising the two Finding the Missing Patient (FTMP) teams.
As Technical Officer you will:
- Coordinate the planning and implementation of activities across the CTB priority districts with CTB/USAID implementation partners
- Ensure quality in the technical content of activities implemented in the field
- Assist with capacity building initiatives by participating in preparation and delivery of trainings, workshops and providing mentorship/on-the-job coaching
- Be in overall charge of FTMP teams in Lilongwe and Blantyre
- Work closely with M&E unit of CTB and NTP to ensure informed implementation, capturing of relevant data for FTMP activities and timely reporting
- Participate in operations research and be able to compile information on lessons learned
- Participate in appropriate technical meetings and conferences as required
- Carry out any such duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
Who we are looking for:
- Degree in Health Sciences/Public Health and/or training in medical laboratory sciences
- At least three years related work experience in TB control program
- Demonstrable excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience in collaboration with governmental authorities and national program such as the NTP, as well as provincial and district health authorities
- Training and facilitation skills and experience
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills
- Strong computer skills
- Diplomacy, tact, and sensitivity
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
What does KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation offer?
- A full-time (40 hours per week) fixed-term contract for 7 months, with the intention to extend the contract depending on funding and performance
- An informal work atmosphere in an international environment where initiative is appreciated
- A highly-motivated team of experienced, self-driven colleagues
- The salary is dependent upon education and relevant working experience
- KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation has its own Employment Conditions Scheme.
Application and information
You can apply for this position by submitting your CV, including a motivation letter and 3 professional references, before 25th March 2018. For more information, please contact us via +265 993 915 705 or send an email to email@example.com.
Please note that we only consider applications that are received through the KNCV website.