Technical Officer Research and Data Management (fulltime)
Duty station: The Hague, The Netherlands
KNCV is the lead partner in Challenge TB, the USAID-funded 5-year global program to decrease TB mortality and morbidity in high burdened countries. We lead an international consortium with eight partner organizations. The overarching strategic objectives of Challenge TB are to improve access to quality patient centered care for TB, TB/HIV, and drug-resistant TB services; to prevent transmission and disease progression; and to strengthen TB platforms.
Purpose of the position
The purpose of the position is to support national TB control programs and their stakeholders on the design of large epidemiological studies like TB prevalence surveys and drug resistance surveys, development of data management plans and research databases.
As a Technical Officer Research and Data Management you will:
- Advise on data management in large TB research projects; such as nationwide TB prevalence surveys and drug resistance surveys, in collaboration with (KNCV) epidemiologists;
- Perform data cleaning and validation on large databases during data collection in order to ensure high quality data;
- Contribute in execution of statistical analysis, in collaboration with (KNCV) epidemiologists;
- Draft findings and recommendations that can be shared with stakeholders and disseminated to impact public policy;
- Build capacity on data management by on the job training and through implementation of adult education methodologies;
- Support the development of new projects and write grant proposals related to data management;
Contribute to publications and presentations.
The Technical Officer Research and Data Management reports to the Technical Coordinator Evidence of the Evidence Team within the Technical Division.
Who are we looking for?
- At least a master degree in a health-related field such as health sciences or epidemiology.
Knowledge and experience:
- At least 2 years professional experience acquired in positions related to the job description;
- Strong knowledge of (research) data management methods and statistical software and ample experience in managing quantitative datasets;
- Proven experience in statistical analysis with population datasets (preferably SPSS and/or STATA);
- Experience in working in developing countries;
- Excellent oral and written English skills; other language skills are an advantage (e.g. French, Portuguese or Russian);
- Ability to work pro-actively and work well in a team;
- Ability to do capacity building (teaching, on the job training).
What does KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation offer?
- A fixed-term contract for a year, with the intention to extend the contract;
- An informal work atmosphere in an international environment where initiative is appreciated;
- A highly-motivated team of experienced, self-driven colleagues;
- The salary is dependent upon education and relevant working experience;
- KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation has its own Employment Conditions Scheme.
Application and information
You can apply for this position, including a motivation letter and 3 professional references, via the form below before 1st February 2017 . If you have any questions, feel free to contact our HRM Team in The Netherlands: +31(0)70-41672222 or mail to email@example.com.
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled.