KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is looking for a
Technical Officer specialized in Monitoring and Evaluation (full time)
Duty station: Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an international non-profit organization dedicated to the fight against tuberculosis (TB), the most deadly infectious disease in the world. KNCV is an international center of expertise for TB control that promotes effective, efficient, innovative and sustainable tuberculosis control strategies in a national and international context. We are an organization of passionate TB professionals, including doctors, researchers, training experts, nurses and epidemiologists. We aim to stop the worldwide epidemic of TB and to prevent the further spread of drug-resistant TB. Over the past century we have built a wealth of knowledge and expertise, initially by successfully
controlling TB in the Netherlands. Since the 1970s, we have also shared our knowledge and expertise with the rest of the world. We operate from a central office in The Hague, the Netherlands, regional offices in Central Asia and East Africa and country offices worldwide. KNCV raises funds from private, institutional, corporate and government donors.
KNCV is the lead partner in Challenge TB (CTB), the new USAID-funded 5-year global program to decrease TB mortality and morbidity in high burdened countries. We lead an international consortium with eight partner organizations: American Thoracic Society (ATS), Family Health International (FHI 360), Interactive Research & Development (IRD), Japanese Anti Tuberculosis Foundation (JATA), Management Sciences for Health (MSH), Program for Appropriate Technology in Health (PATH), The International Union Against Tuberculosis and Lung Disease (The Union), and the World Health Organization.
The overarching strategic objectives of Challenge TB are to improve access to quality patient centered care for TB, TB/HIV, and MDR-TB services; to prevent transmission and disease progression; and to strengthen TB platforms.
Purpose of the job
The Challenge TB M&E Officer/ Data base Officer has the primary responsibility for establishing and maintaining systems to measure, compile, analyze and report project data at all levels and across levels, providing regular project reports to USAID and for developing special reports as needed, management of temporal data base on ND&R, producing analysis of program data and identifying methods to use results for program improvement, and independently building host country capacity to gather and analyze data for program improvement. Solid knowledge of and experience in the TB field combined with M&E experience is of utmost importance.
Position in organization
The Monitoring and Evaluation/ Database (M&E) Officer is a key staff member of KNCV Branch office in Kyrgyzstan and is answerable to the Country Director.
As Technical M&E Officer you will:
- Manage optimum M&E system performance
- Develop of M&E strategic implementation plan for CTB in Kyrgyzstan
- Review maps and analyzes core, regional and country work plans, budgets and reports from a perspective of M&E
- Assist to NTPs and country level partners in the field of M&E including surveillance, analysis, use and presenting data
- Manages and ensures the M&E quality related technical assistance is provided at country level, while ensuring there is no duplication of efforts among the partners
- Develop and implements a data quality assurance system for the project at all levels
- Conduct and oversee baseline/end line data collection activities/studies
- Assist the NTP to fill data in temporal data base, consolidation of data on the national level, data analysis and monthly report to the national level on implementation of the ND&R
- Liaise with technical partners (i.e. TBTEAM, the Stop TB Partnership, Global Fund and other USAID-funded projects) on general M&E issues and initiatives in Kyrgyzstan and global
Result: Challenge TB M&E system and resources are leveraged to maximize program performance.
- Steer and implements M&E-related activities/initiatives to improve program performance
- Support and coordinate TO in M&E related work through regular field visits, desk review with follow up assistance
- Work closely with staff at the country level to help improve M&E and surveillance systems, including the implementation of surveys/research/evaluation to inform system improvements
- Oversee the scope and variety of different and complex country programs and situations and knows how to work with them and to achieve results
Result: Challenge TB projects and countries provided with tools and technical assistance to improve national monitoring and evaluation activities and systems.
- Manage the collection, development and dissemination of best practices and lessons learned of M&E related work in countries.
Result: Program results, lessons learned and deliverables are disseminated and applied through various global, regional and country level platforms.
Who are we looking for
- Masters’ degree in a relevant field
- 5 years’ experience in implementation of a monitoring and evaluation system
- Knowledge of organizational development and change
- Knowledge of planning and control processes
- Experience in each of the following areas:
- Design and implement M&E systems for TB, MDR/TB, HIV/AIDS and/or other complex health programs;
- Evaluate quantitative and qualitative health data sets
- Manage complex data collection teams/staff
- Manage the utilization of the data for project and other reporting
- Knowledge on management
- Experience in donor reporting
- Knowledge with relevant software applications
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills in English and Russian. Kyrgyz is an advantage
Behavioral competencies and skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently
- Ability to cope with a demanding work environment and to organize and prioritize workload
- Ability to work in an international team.
What does KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation offer?
- A 40 hours a week fixed-term contract for a year, with the intention to extend the contract;
- An informal work atmosphere in an international environment where initiative is appreciated;
- A highly-motivated team of experienced, self-driven colleagues;
- A salary commensurate with education and relevant working experience;
- KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation has its own Employment Conditions Scheme;
Application and information
You can apply for this position via the form below before 9 September 2016. If you have any questions, feel free to contact our HRM Team in The Netherlands: +31(0)70-4167222 or email@example.com.
KNCV TB Foundation is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled.