KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is looking for a
Technical Officer specialized on PMDT (full time)
Duty station: Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an international non-profit organization dedicated to the fight against tuberculosis (TB), the most deadly infectious disease in the world. KNCV is an international center of expertise for TB control that promotes effective, efficient, innovative and sustainable tuberculosis control strategies in a national and international context. We are an organization of passionate TB professionals, including doctors, researchers, training experts, nurses and epidemiologists. We aim to stop the worldwide epidemic of TB and to prevent the further spread of drug-resistant TB. Over the past century we have built a wealth of knowledge and expertise, initially by successfully
controlling TB in the Netherlands. Since the 1970s, we have also shared our knowledge and expertise with the rest of the world. We operate from a central office in The Hague, the Netherlands, regional offices in Central Asia and East Africa and country offices worldwide. KNCV raises funds from private, institutional, corporate and government donors.
KNCV is the lead partner in Challenge TB (CTB), the USAID-funded 5-year global program to decrease TB mortality and morbidity in high-burdened countries. We lead an international consortium with eight partner organizations: American Thoracic Society (ATS), FHI 360, Interactive Research & Development (IRD), Japan Anti-Tuberculosis Foundation (JATA), Management Sciences for Health (MSH), PATH, The International Union Against Tuberculosis and Lung Disease (The Union), and the World Health Organization (WHO).
The overarching strategic objectives of Challenge TB are to improve access to quality patient centered care for TB, TB/HIV, and MDR-TB services; to prevent transmission and disease progression; and to strengthen TB platforms.
Purpose of the position
The main purpose of the Technical Officer is to coordinate implementation of KNCV activities and projects in Kyrgyz Republic and provide assistance to the Country Director.
The Technical Officer (TO) coordinates implementation of KNCV activities related to the current Challenge TB and CORE projects and possible future projects in Kyrgyzstan. Functionally and hierarchically reports to the Country Director (CD).
- Coordinates implementation of projects/activities in the country defined by Country Director
- Prepares the projects plans and budgets in close coordination with NTP, KNCV consultants, other partners and submits these timely to the Country Director.
- Ensures fulfilling donors’ rules, branding and marking policy
- Coordinates and plans the input of KNCV consultants based on the activity plans
- Provide technical support to the NTP, NRL and DDP staff for implementation and proper use of the new drugs and short MDR TB treatment regimen
- Clinical monitoring, observation and adverse events management of the M/XDR TB patients on treatment by the new TB drugs and short MDR TB treatment regimen
- Is responsible for logistics related to project activities
- Supervises progress in project implementation and regularly updates Country Director
- Monitors activities implementation and budget absorption, prepares and submits quarterly and annual progress reports to the Country Director
Result: Projects are implemented on time, within budget and delivering the expected results.
- Provides assistance to the Country Director on the matters that are directly or indirectly related to the projects if needed and upon his/her request
- Result: Annual plans shared, coordinated and supported. Partners are well informed about project implementation and results
Who are we looking for?
- Masters’ degree (medicine, epidemiology, public health)
- Experience in public health (TB control is an asset) programs.
- Knowledge of ongoing and emerging issues in relation to TB epidemiology, global and international policy and control strategies
- Experience in implementation of international projects
- Good communication and negotiation skills
- Good analytical skills
- Ability to lead, coordinate and organize projects/activities implementation
- Ability to learn software applications
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English and Kyrgyz (desired) languages.
- Team player
- Open minded and creative.
- Responsible and reliable
What does the KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation offer?
- A 40 hours a week fixed-term contract for 10 months, with the intention to extend the contract depending on funding and performance;
- An informal work atmosphere in an international environment where initiative is appreciated;
- A highly-motivated team of experienced, self-driven colleagues;
- The salary is dependent upon education and relevant working experience;
- KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation has its own Employment Conditions Scheme.
You can apply for this position via the form below before 25 November 2016. If you have any questions, feel free to contact our HRM Team in The Netherlands: +31(0)70-4167222 or firstname.lastname@example.org or local KNCV office +996 312 398204.
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled person.