KNCV Kyrgyzstan is looking for a:
Temporary Project/Administrative assistant for five months
40 hours per week
Duty station: BISHKEK, KYRGYZSTAN
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an international non-profit organization dedicated to the fight against tuberculosis (TB), the most deadly infectious disease in the world. KNCV is an international center of expertise for TB control that promotes effective, efficient, innovative and sustainable tuberculosis control strategies in a national and international context. We are an organization of passionate TB professionals, including doctors, researchers, training experts, nurses and epidemiologists. We aim to stop the worldwide epidemic of TB and to prevent the further spread of drug-resistant TB. Over the past century we have built a wealth of knowledge and expertise, initially by successfully controlling TB in the Netherlands.
Since the 1970s, we have also shared our knowledge and expertise with the rest of the world. We operate from a central office in The Hague, the Netherlands, regional offices in Central Asia and East Africa and country offices worldwide. KNCV raises funds from private, institutional, corporate and government donors.
KNCV is the lead partner in Challenge TB, the USAID-funded 5-year global program to decrease TB mortality and morbidity in high burdened countries. We lead an international consortium with eight partner organizations: American Thoracic Society (ATS), FHI 360, Interactive Research & Development (IRD), Japanese Anti Tuberculosis Foundation (JATA), Management Sciences for Health (MSH), PATH, The International Union Against Tuberculosis and Lung Disease (The Union), and the World Health Organization.
The overarching strategic objectives of Challenge TB are to improve access to quality patient centered care for TB, TB/HIV, and MDR-TB services; to prevent transmission and disease progression; and to strengthen TB platforms.
Purpose of the position
The Project/Administrative assistant will be based in Bishkek at the KNCV Branch office in Kyrgyzstan. They will perform front office functions which include but are not limited to welcoming
guests to the office, managing the telephone switchboard, receiving mails, messages and parcels on behalf of the organization and staff, operating a variety of standard office equipment, assisting staff on how to use the equipment and maintaining the general order and cleanliness of the office. They will also be responsible for receiving, storage and distribution of supplies in the office and maintaining an inventory of the supplies. The person will also be a custodian of petty cash, write minutes during staff meetings and procurement committee meetings, and in consultation with Accountant make travel arrangement for staff.
As Project/Administrative assistant you will:
- Professionally welcome visitors, determine nature and purpose of visit and direct or escort them to specific destinations or direct them to the appropriate staff.
- Maintain a log of official visitors by ensuring the visitor book is available and is kept up to date at all times.
- Ensure that the office is clean, and that chairs, desks and cabinets are dusted, tidy, and usable at all times.
- Operate the switchboard to answer, screen and forward calls, provide information, take messages and schedule appointments.
- Maintain the switchboard and ensure telephone lines are working at all times.
- Respond to enquiries according to the agreed service standard.
Mails, messages and parcels
- Receive all organization-related mails and parcels that are hand delivered and forwarding them for action.
- Dispatch mails and parcels that are to be collected from our premises.
- Maintain a receiving register and delivery book for all incoming and outgoing mails and parcels.
Front office equipment
- Operate a variety of standard office equipment e.g. computers, fax machine, shredding machine, scanner and photocopy machine.
- Ensure the front office equipment is in functional state at all times.
- Assist staff members in utilizing office equipment.
- Keep track of staff members who are out of the office in case there is need to communicate with them.
- Take concise messages for staff who are not available.
Receiving, storage and distribution of goods
- Check orders and deliveries.
- Maintain updated and adequate store records, with information on receipts and issues/disposal.
- Maintain an inventory of non-expendable property (defined as any item with a service life time of at least one year) and minor office items, with adequate details contained there-in.
- Receive and forward invoices for processing.
- Record and storage of deliberations of procurement committees.
- Ensure safe custody of procurement related documents, including accountable documents such as LPOs.
- Be the custodian of petty cash.
- Write minutes during staff meetings in the office.
- Assist the Administration and Accountant in making staff travel arrangements, include liaising with travel agent for flight bookings and airport transfers.
Who are we looking for?
- Diploma in Business Administration/Management, secretarial studies or any related field from a recognized institution. Additional training in customer care will be an advantage.
- 2 years’ experience in a busy working environment in a similar role.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a health organization.
- Good understanding of front office management, and coordination of internal and external customers.
- Good oral and written communication skills and ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Able to create good rapport with guests and be extremely courteous and friendly at all times.
- Confident, eloquent and able to multi-task with good communication and public relations.
- Computer skills including the use of MS Office.
- Good time management skills.
- High degree of integrity and honesty.
What does the KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation offer?
- A 40 hours a week fixed-term contract for 5 months from 1 August till 31 December 2018;
- An informal work atmosphere in an international environment where initiative is
- A highly-motivated team of experienced, self-driven colleagues;
- The salary is dependent upon education and relevant working experience;
- KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation has its own Employment Conditions Scheme.
Application and information
You can apply for this position via the application form below before 6 July 2018. If you have any questions, feel free to contact our local office in Kyrgyzstan: Tel +996 312 398204 or firstname.lastname@example.org
KNCV TB Foundation is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled.