Duty station: Abuja/Lagos, Nigeria
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an international non-profit organization dedicated to the fight against tuberculosis (TB), still the second deadliest infectious disease in the world.
KNCV is an international center of expertise for TB control that promotes effective, efficient, innovative and sustainable tuberculosis control strategies in a national and international context. We are an organization of passionate TB professionals, including doctors, researchers, training experts, nurses and epidemiologists and laboratory scientists. We aim to stop the spread of the worldwide epidemic of TB and to prevent the further spread of drug-resistant TB.
Over the past century we have built up a wealth of knowledge and expertise, initially by successfully controlling TB in the Netherlands. Since the 1970s, we have also shared our knowledge and expertise with the rest of the world. We operate from a central office in The Hague in the Netherlands, a regional office in Central Asia and country offices worldwide. KNCV raises funds from private, institutional, corporate, and government donors.
KNCV is the lead partner in Challenge TB, the USAID-funded 5-year global program to decrease TB mortality and morbidity in high burdened countries. We lead an international consortium with eight partner organizations: American Thoracic Society (ATS), FHI 360, Interactive Research & Development (IRD), Japan Anti-Tuberculosis Foundation (JATA), and Management Sciences for Health (MSH), PATH, The International Union Against Tuberculosis and Lung Disease (The Union), and the World Health Organization (WHO).
The overarching strategic objectives of Challenge TB are to improve access to quality patient centered care for TB, TB/HIV, and MDR-TB services; to prevent transmission and disease progression; and to strengthen TB platforms.
Purpose of the position
The main responsibility of the truck driver is to drive and maintain a truck used for mobile active case finding (ACF) for TB in communities across selected states in Nigeria. The driver will also ensure the safety of the truck and the equipment inside it and perform routine support services necessary for an effective ACF exercise.
The driver reports the Active Case Finding Coordinator.
Duties and responsibilities:
The truck driver will:
- Convene the ACF truck and equipment to the ACF sites
- Daily inspection and maintenance of the vehicle
- Keep vehicles clean at all times
- Keep a logbook
- Register fuel consumption in logbook and on purchase receipts
- Submit a monthly vehicle maintenance report
- Update vehicles particulars
- Ensure safety of equipment in the truck
- Provide support to the ACF exercise including ensuring orderliness at the sites of ACF
- Perform other work as directed by the ACF Coordinator
Who are we looking for?
- Completed Secondary Education and at least 5 years of experience in a similar job
- Good interpersonal skills and English communication skills
- Ability to take initiative and work in a team
- Serve as a team player and exhibit traits of courtesy, cooperation, respect and customer service
- Capable of working well under pressure.
What do we offer?
- A full-time (40 hours per week) fixed-term contract for a year, with the intention to extend the contract. Depending on funding and performance
- An informal work atmosphere in an international environment where initiative is appreciated
- A highly-motivated team of experienced, self-driven colleagues
- The salary is dependent upon education and relevant working experience
- KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation has its own Employment Conditions Scheme.
Application and Information
You can apply for this position by submitting your CV, including a motivation letter and 3 professional references before 31th July 2017. If you have any questions, feel free to contact our HRM Team in The Netherlands: +31(0)70-41672222 in Nigeria: +234 (0)9030349255 or mail to email@example.com.
Please note that we only consider the applications that are received through the KNCV website.