KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is looking for a
Tuberculosis Technical Team Leader
Duty station: Manila, Philippines
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an international non-profit organization dedicated to the fight against tuberculosis (TB).
KNCV is an international center of expertise for TB control that promotes effective, efficient, innovative and sustainable tuberculosis control strategies in a national and international context. We are an organization of passionate TB professionals, including doctors, researchers, training experts, nurses and epidemiologists and laboratory scientists. We aim to stop the spread of the worldwide epidemic of TB and to prevent the further spread of drug-resistant TB.
Over the past century we have built up a wealth of knowledge and expertise, initially by successfully controlling TB in the Netherlands. Since the 1970s, we have also shared our knowledge and expertise with the rest of the world. We operate from a central office in The Hague in the Netherlands, a regional office in Central Asia and country offices worldwide. KNCV raises funds from private, institutional, corporate, and government donors.
Introduction to the position
This position is subject to project award and funding.
KNCV is planning to recruit a TB Technical Team Leader who will lead the design, development and dissemination of TB patient-centered care and demand generation interventions. S/he will also lead interventions on capacity building for behavior change, including the engagement of TB patients and civil society in all aspects of TB programing and monitoring. S/he is expected to spend extensive time in the field working closely with patients, providers and organizations to identify and to put in place appropriate models of detection, care and treatment.
- Advanced degree (Medical Degree, Masters, or PhD) in medicine, public health, nursing, applied clinical research, or other relevant medical or public health field.
- Minimum 10 years of progressive, focused experience in the management, design, execution, and monitoring of tuberculosis activities and projects.
- Minimum 5 years of experience working (full time) in TB in at least one country, other than the Philippines, that has a high TB burden.
- Experience and demonstrated success in engaging and building capacity of health providers, institutions and organizations to deliver patient-centered care at scale.
- Experience and demonstrated success in involving patients or key affected population and civil society in project design and execution.
- Demonstrated understanding of health-seeking behavior and patient support needs.
- Demonstrated ability to obtain, analyze, organize and interpret relevant information, education and communication (IEC)/BCC data and use this data to design, develop and deploy communication interventions for TB.
- Experience and demonstrated success in addressing gender and equity issues, as well as involving patients or key affected populations and civil society in project design and implementation.
- Strong organizational and management skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated capacity to build and maintain productive working relationships with a wide network of partners and stakeholders.
Application Procedure and Information
You can apply for this position by submitting your CV, including a motivation letter and 3 professional references, via the form below before 8 December 2017. If you have any questions, feel free to contact our HRM Team in The Netherlands: +31(0)70-41672222 or mail to Virginie.firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that we only consider the applications that are received through the KNCV website.