KNCV TB Plus is looking for a:
Web-based application and database (developer and maintenance) consultation service
KNCV TB Plus is an international non-profit organization dedicated to the fight against tuberculosis (TB), and related health problems like HIV, antimicrobial resistance, and COVID-19. Tuberculosis is the deadliest infectious disease in the world after COVID-19. Being an international knowledge center, KNCV promotes effective, efficient, innovative and situation specific strategies and solutions to eliminate TB and related health problems in a national and international context.
Description of the work
For a Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF) funded project, a web-based application called the Patient Pathway Analysis (PPA) Wizard has been developed in 2019 by IT consultants from Linksbridge (https://linksbridge.com/).
The PPA wizard is available at https://ppa.linksbridge.com/home. The sourcecode of the application will be shared after the selection process. The scope of work can be adjustment based on the initial review of the sourcecode.
The application is now outdated and has bugs and missing functionalities. KNCV is looking for a developer to update the application.
- Review of the application
- Update codebase
- Database optimization
- AWS deployment optimization
- Review (and development) of missing functionalities (e.g. validation rules, errormessages)
- Application deployment maintenance and ad hoc technical troubleshooting
- Stata and R code review
For these activities, we are looking for an application and database developer with the following skills:
- Proven experience with Java for development of web-based applications
- Proven experience with Postgresql database design (and maintenance)
- Proven experience with AWS deployments
- Excellent writing and communication skills in English
- Ability to address needed adaptations to applications in consultation with KNCV counterparts
- Service minded with a flexible attitude
- A consultancy contract for a period of 4-8 weeks for the application development; maintenance till December 2024
- Starting date: March 1st 2024 or sooner
- Able to periodically meet online and/or at KNCV Office in the Hague, The Netherlands
Application and information
Please include in your application the following:
- A budget estimate and expected timeline
- Capacity statement / relevant previous work