The TB REACH projects on treatment adherence, funded by Stop TB Partnership aims to:
(ii) Implement 99DOTS adherence technology through National TB Program (NTP) accredited service delivery and supply chains, and
(ii) Assess practicalities, scalability and impact on treatment outcomes of monitored self-administration and dose history informed differentiated care.
In 2019 we had the following successes:
- The treatment success rate was 79% (213/269) with 82 patients still undergoing treatment
- We secured buy-in of NTP (national, regional, local) and other stakeholders (e.g. WHO, private and public sectors)
- DAT is now included in the revised NTP Manual of Procedures
- We identified and proposed modifications needed in 99DOTS application and dashboard for enhancements in ASCENT
- Participatory localization/customization of DAT and establishment of differentiation pathway of care – by regional and local stakeholders.