Job van Rest
Consultant Digital Health
Job van Rest holds a Master of Sciences in International Public Health and is an expert in the implementation of Digital Health solutions, TB surveillance systems and data management.
Job has been working with KNCV since 2013. He has supported the implementation of a variety of digital health solutions, including the development of TB surveillance systems and data management approaches for national TB programs, and research projects. In the last 5 years, Job has been a main driver for the implementation of digital adherence technology for patients on TB treatment as part of the transition from facility-based DOT towards ambulatory care and supported self-care at home. In addition, Job supports capacity building through the development of training curricula, programs, facilitation of trainings for program managers and healthcare staff.
Job has contributed to a number of academic articles and worked on digital health solutions, surveillance and data systems across a broad range of settings: supporting projects in over 20 countries throughout Africa, Central Asia, and South East Asia.
- Tadesse AW, Mohammed Z, Foster N, Quaife M, McQuaid CF, Levy J, van Kalmthout K, van Rest J, Jerene D, Abdurhman T, Yazew H, Umeta DG, Assefa D, Weldemichael GT, Bedru A, Letta T, Fielding KL. Evaluation of implementation and effectiveness of digital adherence technology with differentiated care to support tuberculosis treatment adherence and improve treatment outcomes in Ethiopia: a study protocol for a cluster randomized trial. BMC Infect Dis. 2021 Nov 10;21(1):1149.
- Gurung SC, Rai B, Dixit K, Levy JW, van Rest J et al. How to reduce household costs for people with tuberculosis: a longitudinal costing survey in Nepal. Health Policy Plan. 2021 Jun 3;36(5):594-605.
- Dixit K, Biermann O, Levy J, van Rest J, Chandra Gurung S et al. Barriers and facilitators to accessing tuberculosis care in Nepal: a qualitative study to inform the design of a socioeconomic support intervention. BMJ. 2021 Oct 1;11(10). Abstract
- Rai B, Dixit K, Aryal TP, Mishra G, Siqueira-Filha NT, Levy JW, Rest JV et al. Developing Feasible, Locally Appropriate Socioeconomic Support for TB-Affected Households in Nepal. Trop Med Infect Dis. 2020;5(2):98.
- Dixit K, Rai B, Prasad Aryal T, Mishra G, Levy JW, van Rest J et al. Research protocol for a mixed-methods study to characterise and address the socioeconomic impact of accessing TB diagnosis and care in Nepal. Wellcome Open Res.2020;5:19.
- Gurung SC, Dixit K, Rai B, Levy JW, van Rest J et al. The role of active case finding in reducing patient incurred catastrophic costs for tuberculosis in Nepal. Infect Dis Poverty. 2019 Dec 3;8(1):99.
- van de Berg S, Erkens C, van Rest J, van den Hof S, Kamphorst M, Keizer S, de. Vries G. Evaluation of tuberculosis screening of immigrants in the Netherlands. Eur Respir J. 2017 Oct 12;50 (4)
- de Vries G, van Rest J, Meijer W, Schimmel H, Wolters B, van Hest R, Kimerling M. Tuberculosis screening yield of asylum seekers in Europe. Eur Respir J. 2016 Oct;48(4):1255-1256
- de Vries G, van Rest J, Meijer W, Wolters B, van Hest R, Kimerling M. Preventing and controlling tuberculosis among refugees in Europe: more needed for high-risk populations. Eur Respir J. 2016 Jul;48(1):274-6.
- de Vries G, van Rest J, Meijer W, Wolters B, van Hest R. Eur Respir J. Low yield of screening asylum seekers from countries with a tuberculosis incidence of <50 per 100,000 population. 2016 Jun;47(6):1870-2.
read all the KNCV publications